The manufacturing arm of Ernest Chemists Limited was established and started operation in the year 2001. The plant is located at the Heavy Industrial Area in Tema-one of the industrial cities in Ghana.
The Company shall strive to become one of the ten indigenous pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities in Africa by the year 2025.
- To provide extensive range of high quality pharmaceutical and healthcare products to satisfy consumer needs
- To create highly skillful, well-motivated and contended workforce
- To apply sound business ethics to ensure fairness in the selection and maintenance of diverse grades of customers as well as suppliers
PRODUCT RANGE AND PLANT CAPACITY:
Currently our plant is capable of producing on annual basis and in a single shift the following dosage forms and their quantities as indicated below:
- Capsules - 80 million units
- Liquids - 6 million units
- Powders - 23 million units
- Tablets - 500 million units
These products fall in the range of Analgesics, Antimalarial Drugs, Antibacterial Drugs, Vitamins and Minerals, Sedatives and Hypnotics, Anti-Protozoal Drugs, Oral Rehydration Salts, Antacids, Anti-Hypertensives and Diuretics.
When aggregated, Ernest Chemists Limited - Manufacturing presents about One Hundred and Fifty different Finished Pharmaceutical Products for the Ghanaian and the West African markets.
The company has initiated an investment program to build a completely new and fully GMP-compliant facility to complement its current output generation effort. This facility upon completion shall increase output generation by about 300 percent.
- Produce safe, efficacious and affordable pharmaceuticals delivered as per agreed quality, agreed quantity and agreed time.
- Satisfy regulatory, statuary and current Good Manufacturing Practice requirements
- Recruit qualified and experienced personnel and continuously develop their competence
- Establish and implement quality objectives at all levels of the organization
- Institute and maintain a company-wide quality culture