We continue in our efforts to contribute our quota to the growth of the pharmaceutical industry and fulfil our social responsibilities as a good corporate citizen in the communities we operate. Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) philosophy is hinged on “Improving healthcare delivery through quality medicine”.
In line with our mission of providing quality pharmaceutical products at affordable prices, we aim to improve healthcare delivery by reaching every Ghanaian with quality medicine and supporting courses that promote good health, while maintaining ethical and environmental standards.
We are committed to improving healthcare delivery in Ghana and we demonstrate this daily by offering free medical screening such as Blood Pressure monitoring, Body Mass Index (BMI) and patient counseling on medication in all our retail shops (Pharmacies) across the country. We also partner with other organizations to embark on activities that help to improve healthcare delivery in Ghana.
Ernest Chemists Limited (ECL) is a socially responsible business that ensures the following in all aspects of our operations:
CSR at Ernest Chemists Limited
As the biggest pharmaceutical company in Ghana, we believe that we must lead by example. This means acting in a way that is ethically correct to help protect and give back to our environment and society.
We are a socially responsible business that ensures the following in all aspects of our operations:
We are committed to the continuous incorporation of measures in our operations to ensure the protection and sustainability of the environment. We maintain the highest level of business ethics in dealing with our employees, suppliers, partners and stakeholders. As the largest pharmaceutical company in Ghana, we focus on practices that facilitate the long-term growth of the pharmaceutical industry in Ghana. We fulfil our economic responsibilities and contribution toward the growth of the pharmaceutical by offering flexible credit facilities and start up support for smaller pharmaceutical companies.
We are committed to support in the promotion of healthcare delivery in Ghana.
- Financial Support/Partnerships – we support and partner organizations with the mandate of improving the healthcare delivery to achieve their objectives.
- Donation of Medicine – we donate about 5-10% of our quality pharmaceutical products annually to support the promotion of healthcare delivery in Ghana.
- Voluntary Health Services – we leverage on our wide network of retail shops to provide free medical screening such as Blood Pressure monitoring, Body Mass Index (BMI) and patient counseling on medication to all Ghanaians.
- Health Events and Programmes – we are also committed to organizing annual health events or programmes to create positive long-term impact on healthcare delivery in Ghana.
- Sponsorships – we make provision to sponsor specific health related events and programmes annually.